"I just wanted to stop hurting, so I just put it down. Actually I didn't put it down, I threw it out the window and that was it"
Bianca and I dive deep into addiction in this episode, we talk about her history with drugs which started at 12 years of age and saw her become an ice addict through her 20's. There's some powerful stories about her darker times but also what led her out of addiction to be now 2.5 years clean. Bianca is open, raw and vulnerable about this topic and it's people like her that are at the forefront of the stigma being broken around this issue. Enjoy!
In this episode we talk about
- Starting drugs and alcohol at 12 years of age
- Becoming an addict by 19
- Taking herself up to Darwin to get away from the problem
- Realising the issue was within her all along
- Her best friend passing away being the catalyst for her stopping for good.
- How she now helps run a program to help people who are struggling like she was.
- Plus much, much more
HERE ARE THE LINKS TO WHAT WE COVERED IN THE SHOW